—Face It Tiger
It’s been a week since SPX and I’m still sick with Con Crud as Mari Naomi calls it. I got a total of 12 hours of sleep the whole weekend. Highlights include:
- Rooming with Foxing Quarterly (who sold prints and made a straight killing).
- Using the hotel’s gym and experiencing an elliptical machine for the first time ever.
- Bethesda’s surprising delicious food options. Ize’s Deli, Ethiopian, Korean… Chicken nuggets supplied by Locust Moon.
- Non-stop jiu jitsu talk with Mickey Z, Meredith Gran, Bryan G. Brown and everybody else.
- As usual, skipping the Ignatz Awards. Ceremony gives me panic attacks. Simon Hanselmann married Comics. I heard it was theatrical and romantic. I would have died.
- Following the Awards, a shiny prom organized by Dirty Diamonds.
- Demonstrating FACE YOUR FEAR at the after-party to whomever asked and freaking them out.
- Swapping shoes with Vreni Stollberger.
- J-BAY coining the expression: "Cumming is the opposite of blogging."
This is how my table looked at the end of SPX before I packed up.
Almost everything sold out. Wow.
Thanks everyone. Thanks First Second & Sacred Prism for being nice table neighbors (even though Sacred P left my company on the second day to sit next to Meg Turbitt—who has great and gross comixxx incidentally). Thanks SPX organizers and Big Planet Comics.
BTW, never table by yourself. Always use the buddy system. Good show.
See my Instagram for more pics.
Thank YOU, sir!
(We also may need more Reptile Museum…)